This past week, I've been craving pizza like crazy. Found this recipe on MyRecipes that uses a white sauce instead of tomato sauce -- mmm just as yummy!
- 1 pound refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Place dough in a bowl coated with cooking spray; let dough stand, covered, for 15 minutes.
3. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add flour and pepper; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly with a whisk. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly with a whisk. Cook 3 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly with a whisk. Remove from heat; add cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
4. Sprinkle a baking sheet with cornmeal; roll dough into a 12-inch circle on prepared baking sheet. Spread white sauce over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with chicken and onion. Bake at 450° on bottom oven rack for 17 minutes or until crust is golden. Sprinkle with herbs.
Hope you have a great weekend!
Follow me on: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Pinterest | Instagram: audreyallure